Exeter Emergency Services
24/7 Emergency Care for Pets in the Exeter Community
Veterinary Emergency & Surgery Hospital offers emergency care for your pets, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our highly trained emergency veterinarians and technicians offer compassionate care.
With in-house laboratory equipment and digital radiography, we can rapidly diagnose your pet's condition and act swiftly to give them the best possible care.
Our emergency staff, including the emergency doctor, is on site 24 hours a day to provide ongoing treatment, assessment, and compassionate care for your pet. We regularly communicate with your family veterinarian so that they are aware of your pet's condition.
Emergencies that require immediate care:
Transporting an Injured Pet
- Keep your pet as safe and comfortable as possible. Try to use a carrier for your cat or dog, or a leash for your dog. If you need a carrier or leash to enter the clinic, we will provide them.
- Do not try to comfort an injured pet by hugging it; do not put your face near its head.
- If necessary, muzzle a dog with gauze, soft towel strips, or stockings. Wrap cats or other small animals in a towel.
- Perform any examinations slowly and gently. If the pet becomes agitated, STOP.
- Do not attempt to lift or drag a large injured dog. Create a stretcher out of a board, throw rug, child’s plastic toboggan, large comforter, etc.
Call Our 24/7 Emergency Veterinarians in Exeter
Emergency veterinary visits rarely occur at a convenient time, and we understand that this time is especially stressful. Knowing a pet isn't feeling well is always difficult, and our 24/7 emergency veterinarians can help. Give us a call on your way over, so we can prepare for your intake. Of course, we understand that sometimes calling ahead isn't always an option. We look forward to helping you through this difficult time.
“My family appreciates the level of care our pet received while he was there.”- Scott H.
“She's amazing! So nice every single time she answers the phone, she always pleasant and takes as much time as you need to answers questions.”- Kate H.
“They gave us all the time that we needed with a nice blanket wrapped around him.”- Tracie K.