Open 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, Holidays Included
Transporting an injured pet
- Keep your pet as safe and comfortable as possible. Try to use a carrier for your cat or dog, or a leash for your dog. If you need a carrier or leash to enter the clinic we will provide them.
- Do not try to comfort an injured pet by hugging it; do not put your face near its head.
- If necessary muzzle a dog with gauze, soft towel strips, or stockings. Wrap cats or other small animals in a towel.
- Perform any examinations slowly and gently. If the pet becomes agitated, STOP.
- Do not attempt to lift or drag a large injured dog. Create a stretcher out of a board, throw rug, child’s plastic toboggan, large comforter etc.